Hernando Baptist Church
Pastor of Worship
Leading all people to be transformed by Jesus Christ
Our Core Values
At Hernando Baptist, we value the Gospel of Jesus Christ. From the messages we preach to the songs we sing and the relationships we build, we seek to saturate all we do with the truth from the Bible that Jesus Christ came to earth to save us from our sin and provide the way for us to know God. There is no greater and more urgent truth; it drives our worship and our mission.
At Hernando Baptist, we value grace. We treasure the undeserved love God has shown us in Christ, and we extend that same love to everyone, regardless of their past. We recognize that anything good about us is only because of Jesus, so we talk, act, pray, worship, and serve with authenticity and honesty.
At Hernando Baptist, we value relationships. Given our common need for grace, we recognize that God has designed us to grow and thrive in community with others. We celebrate family, honest conversation about life and faith, compassion expressed in tangible ways, and friendships that go beyond Sundays.
About the Position
To provide pastoral leadership to the worship/media teams and use the worship/media ministries to make disciples.
The Pastor of Worship will be the “producer” of all worship services and special programs. He will work with the Senior Pastor in terms of setting the theme and overall direction. The worship pastor will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses regarding the worship/media teams. The worship pastor must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The worship pastor is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision. This position is a pastoral one that therefore requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical or performing arts director but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry.
The candidate must have:
1. A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
2. A commitment to moral purity.
3. A commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of Hernando Baptist.
4. A demonstration of excellence as a worship leader.
The candidate must be:
- A pastor as well as a musician. This does not mean ordained.
- Passionate for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Able to relate well and enthusiastically lead a large church in worship.
- Skilled in choral, vocal, and instrumental direction.
- Skilled in organization, administration, teaching, and interpersonal relationships.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship, including the use of sound, lighting, computers, Power Point, and video projection.
- Able to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- A self-starter.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
The candidate will:
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession, and fellowship.
- Spend time developing relationships with lost people and be personally effective in pursuing the Great Commission and helping Hernando Baptist to do the same.
- Coordinate with other Hernando Baptist ministries to build the necessary teams to carry out the worship areas of Hernando Baptist.
- Plan the corporate worship services of Hernando Baptist in consultation with the Senior Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the day. Oversee song and choral selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of media team, instrumentalists, vocalists.
- Serve as lead worshiper in all worship services.
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services.
- Provide pastoral care for the worship teams and choirs.
- Introduce our worship teams and choirs to worship training provided by other ministries, books, and conferences.
- Oversee the worship/media budget, organization, and volunteers.
- Build contacts and relationships with local musicians, for both evangelistic and staffing purposes.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
A Bachelor’s Degree or greater is preferred.
Email a copy of your resume to email@example.com to apply!